Last Nov 8-10, I attended the People Handling Skills Seminar at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center, Ortigas. Nung una, kinabahan ako kasi we will be in a room full of supervisors, CIOs, managers, etc… nakakapanliit lang.
But after that 3 days, sobrang nag-enjoy ako! I learned a lot of things sa seminar. Sobrang galing ng facilitator namin, and the participants are really nice. I even gained new (fb) friends dahil sa seminar na yon hehe 🙂
But asides from the knowledge about Leadership, madami din akong quotable quotes na nakolekta sa seminar na yun. Now lemme share some of ’em:
- We opt to let go of our dreams because real life happens.
- Our organization are not hindrances but vehicles to reach your dream.
- Appreciate who you are so you could learn to appreciate other people.
- Everything rises and falls on leadership
- A bad decision is better than no decision at all.
- You always have a choice
- Life is equal t 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it
- Feedback is neither positive nor negative. It depends on how we see it.
- I’d rather hear a “no” than a “maybe” that never comes true.